Overview of supplier application process
Before you complete the online application
Before you apply to be a supplier on Marketplace, complete the following:
- Determine the Marketplace channel, catalogue and service category for the products and services you want to offer.
- Review the application criteria for your selected Marketplace channel to find out if your business if eligible. Each service within your selected channel on Marketplace has specific application criteria.
- Read the terms of the Collaborative Marketplace Agreement (CMA) — both the General Terms and the Channel Terms for the catalogue you wish to join. Select ‘Accept’ if you agree to the terms.
Completing the online application
- Complete the online application form within 30 days.
- Answer all questions as completely as possible. Partial answers will not be accepted.
- Include relevant supporting documents in your application.
Note: The form will automatically save your progress once you have completed Step 2 and entered authorised personnel details, allowing you to leave and return. You will receive an email with a link to your application — check your spam folder if you cannot find it.
Your application will be assessed by the Lead Agency for the catalogue you have selected — either the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) or the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and specialist subject matter experts when required.
The Marketplace Team will email the supplier's administrator to notify you of the outcome of your application.
If at any point your application is unsuccessful, the Marketplace Team will explain their decision.
The supplier can review this information and consider submitting a new application.
Setting up on Marketplace
If your application is successful, you can then:
- complete the approved service or product listings using the provided Operational Template
- email the template and any supporting documents, for example case studies, to the Marketplace Team.
Once the documents are validated, the Marketplace Team will advise the outcome — either that the documents will be published for agencies to view on the agency-facing portal of Marketplace, or that they require further amendment.
The Marketplace information pack offers more detail of the process to assist suppliers with their applications.